Coaching & Skill Building
Parent Skill Building
Use positive parenting strategies to connect with children and create a happy home.
- Identify parenting values/roles
- Learn to promote healthy behavior in children
- Encourage the development of children’s self-esteem and individuation
- Build a positive, open connection between parent and child
Teen/Young Adult Empowerment
Build confidence and self-esteem during the transition to adulthood.
- Express safe, constructive emotions
- Define values and personal identities
- Develop functional skills and transition to independence
Life Transition Support
Positively cope with change and challenges, including traumas, career developments, children, separation, divorce, remarriage, and retirement.
- Manage stress, anxiety, and fears related to the unknown
- Increase competency by building upon inner strength
- Develop positive strategies to cope with change
- Transition to next step for growth and recovery
Overcome stress and anxiety through structure, routine, and functional life skills.
- Learn executive functioning skills (planning, organizing, scheduling)
- Develop skills to stay focused and manage daily functions
- Build confidence and self-esteem to aid executive function
- Manage impulse control, daily behaviors, and socialization
Living with Chronic Illness, Disease and Pain
- Love your body and accept where you are
- Forgive your body and your sickness/disease…it’s not your fault
- Understand your sickness/disease and listen to your body’s physical and emotional needs
- Communicate your needs to others and not be afraid to reach out and ask for help
- Stay socially active and not isolate yourself or letting go of your life’s passions and joys
- Build a community and receive support from family, friends and support groups
- Receive physical and emotional help, and address depression, anger and repressed feelings stored in your body