Hard to believe? Think about a newborn. When they are hungry they cry and when they are full they push away from the bottle or the nipple. Most babies are able to follow their healthy growth curve. For many, the ability to truly listen to hunger and fullness has been inhibited by busy schedules, stress and emotions, availability of certain foods, and a simple lack of nutritional knowledge.
No matter your reason for struggling with weight, body image, and other nutritional concerns, let us help guide you back to our bodies natural capabilities.
Our nutrition counseling services address client’s specific physical and emotional needs, behaviors and symptoms.
We guide you through the following processes, to:
- Promote a non-diet approach and intuitive eating for long-term recovery.
- Explore the deeper connection between food and feelings, and the underlying issues behind choosing to use food for emotional support, repressing feelings or self-harming behaviors.
- Develop a new way of eating, separate food, and feelings, and change the relationship with food.
- Reconnect with the body, identifying hunger cues versus emotional eating triggers.
- Learn to implement mindful eating techniques to listen to the body and develop a positive connection with food.
Meal Support: eating with our recovery coach to process feelings, identify triggers and challenge food rules and rituals.
Accountability Record: journaling food/ feelings/ hunger scale
Small, weekly goals to foster realistic life changes and long-term recovery
We specialize in:
- Disordered Eating
- Compulsive Binge Eating
- Weight and Body Image Issues
- Food Fears/Phobias
- Picky Eating/ARFID
- GI Disorders and Anxiety